Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011 Update

Yep, I can make the Tuesday appt. I'll talk to Dad this weekend and see if
he wants to meet there or have me pick him up.

Thanks again, Jim for being around this week.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Harrer
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 2:04 PM
To: John Harrer; Tom Harrer; Bill;
Subject: Dad update...

Dad and I just finished another long walk. He's doing great. He
really wants to be in good condition for the Boston trip, so he's
motivated to stay on a program.

Dr. Nichols had an emergency with a patient today and couldn't see us.
I rescheduled for:

5-17-2011 @ 7:45am - assuming John could make that. I know it's
early, so if you would like another time their number is 323-8477.

The only question I really had for Dr. Nichols is how often he wants
the packing changed and how deep he wants it based on what the home
nurse is saying (ie. don't use so much and don't clean as deep with
the q-tip). The home nurse from Mercy used way more than I use, so I'm
not sure which procedure is correct. I see both points. We need to
find out what is best. One question I was going to ask is, if the
packing only needs to be re-packed once a day, then Dad could change
the outter dressing himself.

Central Methology called to remind us of an appointment on 5-17-2011 @
2:15pm. Dad doesn't know what this is for? Is this the kidney
follow-up that we want to cancel?

Dad is eating great, he's been eating three meals a day with me and
likes being on a schedule. I have been teaching him my old routine on
how to cook for one. He has been a good student and open to new
ideas. He has really been wonderful to be around ALL week. I just
have to be careful to not waite on him too much, he doesn't like it.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

Love,

...Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?