Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25th

We just got back from seeing Dr. Rose.  She is good with him stopping the antibiotics.  As she said, we are going to have to see what happens sooner or later, the ear looks good, let’s give it a try.  Dad can go to the House clinic tomorrow and finally get his hearing aids properly adjusted.

As for the breathing problem and seeing Dr. Nichols, Dad has decided to take a wait-and-see approach.  He knows Dr. Nichols will want to perform a lot of tests and Dad does not want that.  Dad did agree that if he has another breathing episode, he will schedule an appointment with Dr. Nichols.  Dad also agreed to leave the picc line in for another week while he sees what his body does without antibiotics.

Dad seemed in good spirits and a little relieved to have the doctor’s approval.  He did appreciate everyone’s concern the last couple of days and is looking forward to getting back to normal.  Let’s hope that happens.


I wanted to wait until Dad went to bed before I wrote an update. I hope my delay hasn't caused any needless worry.


Dad has had a tough day, but he's trying to stay up beat. He's very tired of being tired. 

Today he has been fighting diarrhea all day. He is also having intermittent  Shortness of breath. He has no energy.  The good news is, he says he has not been dizzy. Feels more like asthma, my words, not his.

He's also just having a bad day and is feeling depressed. He's thankful we're here, but wishes we didn't need to be. Does that make sense?
 
I'm going to call Dr. Nichols and Dr. Rose tomorrow and see if I can get him in. He's convinced he's been on these meds to long and wants off. In his mind, he was going to be able to stop in a few days anyway, so there is little risk to go off the meds and see if he feels better. As much as he wanted to go on a walk today, between his diarrhea and shortness of breath, he decided against it.

The shortness of breath is new, and he wonders what is causing it. I noticed it last night on the walk as well. I would worry if he was by himself.


Let me know if you have any questions. You can call my cell if you want more info or have specific suggestions.

..Jim


Sent from my iPad


On Jun 24, 2012, at 12:42 PM, "Bill Harrer"  wrote:

So this is very weird, he has been on those meds for 5 or 6 weeks now, and to suspect that the meds are the cause of his queasiness is probably not the case.  Please keep us updated on how he is feeling. 

So this makes me think that we need to have a schedule for dad for a few more weeks, what are your thoughts and availability if you agree.  Deb and I are going away for a few days at the end of this week to celebrate our anniversary, but I can be available after that if needed.  I am suppose to start a job, but I can bale on that too if needed, please let me know.



Bill


Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:51 AM


Subject: Dad update

Hey there... So, yesterday Dad said he didn't feel great and slept a lot of the day... today, he woke up queasy and simply said he didn't want to take the IV meds anymore, they made him feel weird...   so Jim flushed the IV with Heperin.. and we will call Dr. Rose in the morning.. call if you have any questions... Love you all.. Sis

Catie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?