Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12th


Dr. M. took some blood and there were some positive results I thought you might like to hear about.

First, his red blood cell count was 3.1.  My records show it hasn’t been higher than this since Feb. of 2010.  His hemoglobin is above 10 for the first time in a long time and his hematocrit is over 30, again for the first time in two years.  More importantly is his kidney numbers stayed steady through his hospital experience.  His BUN, which is body’s ability to get rid of wastes, was 46, down from 64 in March.  And his creatinine stayed steady at 2.5.  These results were not fasting and I’m not certain if that skews the results.

On a side note, Bill – I’m not sure the hemoglobin/hematocrit results will suffice for Dr. Saike’s visit next week.  Again, I’m not certain, but I think I remember Dr. Saike’s office saying the results had to be within seven days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?