Friday, September 7, 2012

Dental Information

I called my dentist, Dr. John Wilson.  The office runs on a minimal staff on Fridays but Stephanie was kind enough to track down the doctor and get back to me.

Dr. Wilson would have to examine Dad and that would be about $60.  He may insist on x-rays, however, I think my realtionship with him is good enough that I may persuade him otherwise.  If I can't, then x-rays are about $150. 

Cleaning can run from $90 - $200 and that depends on the severity of Dad's teeth.  The exam and cleaning would take about 90 minutes (with 30 minutes for the exam and 60 minutes for the cleaning)and we split it up if Dad is not strong enough.

Dr. Wilson's office is modern and up-to-date and I consider him to be an excellent dentist.  His office is in the same center as CBCC, right across from Truxtun Lake.  I will add contact info on our contact page.

I have a call in to Dr. Hedari to double check that there is no danger to the dental hygenist who would work on Dad.  I am waiting for someone to call me back.

Let me know your thoughts and I will move forward or not to make the necessary appointments.

Update:  Just got the call from Dr. Hedari that it is safe to perform a cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. I spoke to Meribeth and she said they don't have any Dentists that work with Patients on this side of Rosewood. She doesn't know about the assisted living side. I think it is a good idea if the doctors ok it.  I would hate for his teeth to decay on the left side.  He is brushing after each meal now, but I don't think it will happen without supervision or assistance.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?