Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dental Hygienist Scheduled for Friday

I have, at Dad's request, scheduled Kandace Fillmore, mobile dental hygienist to come out on Friday morning at 9am and give Dad a teeth cleaning.  Kandace is familiar with Dad's current condition.  I had spoken to Pam about the dangers of bacterial infection and did not get a definitive answer.  I will speak with the nurse educator tomorrow.  Kandace only does the mobile on Fridays and I did not want to have to wait another week.

Postscript:  Dad's sister, Marge, flew in from Michian to see him and Rosewood was having their biggest event of the year, The Senior Games, on Friday.  Kandace was graceful enough to switch her schedule around and see Dad on Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. Dad asked me to clean his teeth today which I did .. I am just wondering if it might make him too tired to enjoy Aunt Marge -and btw - I got the gunk off his front teeth - anyway I just know the time he has with Margie is little and precious - hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a conversation with Dad about getting his teeth cleaned on Friday and if he would like to get it done this Friday or wait a week until Marge left. He said he preferred to have it done as soon as possible, partly because he feels it maybe contributing to his swallowing issue. I mentioned it might take a little out of him and he was ok with it. I also mentioned that Cate would help brush his teeth and he did not want to wait. Thanks John for setting it up, I will let Marge know he will have it done on Friday at 9:00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thought, Friday morning will be the senior games starting at 9:00, parking will be very limited. They are expecting 2000 people for the senior games. They will have limited or no parking starting as early as 6:45 am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2000?!?! Yikes - I think that is awesome that dad keeps looking for ways to feel better - thanks John and Bill

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?