Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4th - He Can Hear Again

Just a quick update.  Dad bowels have totally abandoned him and he still has a fairly loose stool.  I spoke with Julie about it and she was going to try and insure Dad gets the anti-diarrheal med on a regular basis.  He said he had a dry mouth and as I slowly woke him up he would occasionally just tie his face into a knot by wincing.  I asked him about it, but with no hearing at that point the question was futile.

We got dressed fairly quickly and were in the dining room by 7:30.  He was able to eat more than yesterday, but I do think it was the cause of the problems that arrived around 8:30.  We had to rush back to the room.  Back in the bathroom he complained of his "damn stomach".

The hearing unit has been a ray of sunshine.  Being able to converse with him without having to double the volume of my voice or saying things three times is so much more comfortable I can't even begin to explain.  We spoke of politics and the previous night's debates.  Even though Dad had not seen or heard any of it, he did wonder when he was going to get his absentee ballot.  I asked him how he was going to vote and he said, "Probably with a check mark."  Okay, smartass, "Who you going to vote for?" and he replied by making the flipping-of-a-coin sign.

He asked about the teeth cleaning.  With the Senior Games happening at Rosewood  on Friday and with Aunt Margie in town, Bill, Cate and I did not want to over tax Dad.  I called the hygienist and she has tentatively rescheduled for Saturday morning.

After a rather tough bathroom session we sat in the room just in case anyone was coming by.  Dad was truly looking forward to seeing his little sister.  Finally, around 9 he said, "You got to go to work!" (It amazes me he still has the where-with-all to keep track of that).  I texted Bill and discovered Marge would not be here for a couple of hours.  Dad, slightly disappointed, slightly relieved, said, "Think I'll take a nap then."  I helped him into bed, and said good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?